WHEN IT COMES TO FAMILY VALUES, I BELIEVE IN THE FOLLOWING CORE PRINCIPLES -
President George Washington said it best when, in 1796, he wrote, “Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them."
I truly believe that we, as a nation, must never forget that our rights come from the Almighty.
I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, and that respect for life, and a common sense of right and wrong should be reflected in our government.
There are certain rights guaranteed to all Americans. But those rights are enumerated and restricted to the plain text of the Constitution. That judicial philosophy keeps power in the hands of citizens.
I will use my position to advocate for the defeat of any federal statute or decision that attempts to reach beyond the scope of the federal government, as well as continue to advocate for a pro-family and pro-life agenda.
WITH THOSE PRINCIPLES TO GUIDE ME, I SUPPORT
- Life – from conception to natural death
- Banning partial birth abortion
- Ensuring that no taxpayer funds are used for abortion
- Marriage defined as between one man and one woman
- Reforming education to allow parents to choose the best school for their children
- Protecting the 1st Amendment right to free speech and worship, including public displays of faith – freedom for religion, not from it
- Giving companies the choice in covering contraceptives